1. How do you demonstrate leadership?
2. How do you invest in developing your leadership skills?
3. What leaders inspire you, why?
4. What are your primary leadership strengths?
5. Who are your leadership mentors?
6. What are your metrics for determining your effectiveness?
7. Who is someone you can enlist to help enact needed change?
8. Are you guiding/coaching your people? (Bill Campbell)
9. Who is counting on you to lead?
10. What tone does your presence establish in the organization, and how does it change while you’re away?
11. What will result from you succeeding and failing as a leader?
12. How have you abdicated leadership responsibilities?
13. How do you address your leadership gap?
14. Are you able to get your people to do heroic things? (Bill Campbell)
15. What mentee will carry on your legacy?
16. How are you leaving your mark on the organization?
17. How do you surprise and delight your working relationships?
18. Who are the primary voices that influence your leadership?
19. How do you celebrate the successes and wins of your people? (Frank Blake)
20. What is your theory of change?
21. What is your favorite leadership win?
22. Who do you depend upon to tell you the unvarnished truth?
23. What does it take to do the impossible? (Steven Kotler)